How to find out your “PR Health” in 3 minutes
Let’s do a little health check on your business PR and marketing effectiveness. It will take 3 minutes or less, I promise.
1. Enter your first name and last name into Google (or if you’re not the CEO, enter his/her name).
2. Enter your company name into Google.
3. Enter two or three key words that explain what you do, followed by your home state. (example: “social media consultant Rhode Island”)
Examine the first page (10 results) of each search.
How did you do?
Visibility: How many times did a positive result for your business appear during each search?
Ranking: How high did your listings appear in the search result order?
Search Result Quality: How many of the results are:
*positive news stories
*your news releases
*links to your online profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc)
*links to your products/services
*links to your free reports/e-books/videos
This is how the world sees you. Any time a prospective customer is Googling your name to do some background research or simply looking for companies that offer the service or products you deliver, this is what they find.
Do you like what you see? Is it easy for someone to find you and start a relationship with you? Or are you invisible (or worse, being trashed by others)?
It’s no longer enough just to have a website. You need to be marketing yourself online and promoting your expertise to make it easier for people to find you.
Start off by taking a few simple steps:
1) Discover what is unique about you or your company. What special insights do you have that might benefit someone else with a problem?
2) Package your insights into an e-book or free report and post it to your website as a free PDF.
3) Use social networks and wire services to promote the link to your e-book.
This is just one effective way, out of many, to improve your online visibility.
Drop me a line and let me know how you scored.